No matter where you look to for diet advice, chances are that you have come across a few myths about foods that burn fat. Your weight loss success on diets totally depends on how much you really know about diets.
We all live in a world where the access to information is now available at the click of a mouse; therefore, it is very much quite easy to stumble upon a variety of myths about foods that burn fat, being that the subject is one which everybody is interested in. day in day out, you will find people trooping in and out of the gym, and some of them don’t usually leave the gym as happy as they did when they entered the gym. I am afraid that the myths surrounding weight loss in general is so ambiguous, even though many people work out for different reasons (some to lose weight generally, some to reduce tummy fat, some to reduce thigh fat, some to build the muscles and so on), these myths still find their way in. In the first part of this article, I mention three of the major myths that could be stopping you from achieving your weight loss dreams.
Without further waste of time, let us proceed with the concluding part of the article.
Myth Four – Warm water In The Morning Dissolves Excess Fat
The magic effect that water has on all weight loss plans cannot be over stated, this classless liquid that is neither fat, carbohydrate, nor protein, tops the list on all weight loss plans. Allow me to deviate a little and tell you about the ways in which water helps your weight loss plans.
- Water helps you control your appetite. People who drink water are often proven to feel less hungry, drinking water before a meal will make you feel full sooner and so you will tend to eat less, cutting down the amount of calorie you accumulate daily. Additionally, water helps you tell thirst from hunger.
- One of the major functions of the liver is to metabolize fats and to do this, it requires lots of water. If the liver does not get enough water, it simply store up more fats. When the body is dehydrated, a significant percentage of metabolisms will drop, which means you will be unable to lose weight as fast as you can. Water also unburdens the liver of the kidney’s job.
- One leading cause of fat storage is improper digestion of foods, and in order to ensure proper digestion of foods and prevent massive accumulation of fats, you must drink water.
- Water prevents retention of water; accommodating thirst will not prevent water retention by the body. The only way to prevent your body from storing up water and making you look bloated is by drinking water. This way, your body will not be triggered to store up water for times of drought.
- The muscles are metabolically active and you will need them if you hope to lose weight quickly, but if you are dehydrated, you will be causing the muscles more harm than good. Nearly 80 per cent of the muscles are water and to keep your metabolism going, you don’t want your muscles all parched up.
Whether warm or cold, water is the same, because water takes the same temperature as your body when you drink it and so the myth about warm water melting fat is not true. What I do however know is that if you drink cold water, your body will burn a certain amount of calorie to warm up the cold water up to the level of your body’s temperature. When you read some weight loss tips, they often advice people to make soups or to include soups in their diets. The reason for this is because, when foods are taken in liquid form, they tend to fill you up faster.
Myth Five – Skipping Meals Or Outright Starvation Is A Way To Lose Weight
This is one of the leading myths about diets; it pains me to say that many have been misled by this myth and many are still being misled by it. I find it shocking when people say starvation will help them lose weight. If you are one of such persons, I am sorry to say that you have been threading the wrong path, a path which will get you absolutely nothing but regrets. In case you don’t know, our bodies are programmed for survival; the body has different mechanisms with which it adapts to changing situations all for survival. If you skip meals, you body will have no other choice than to store up more and more calories. It does this to be able to get energy whenever it wants. In other words, the absence of food will trigger the slow metabolism, so that more fats will be stored in the body as a reserve for energy. In addition, if you skip meals there is a tendency that you will get to feel hungrier later on; this will only cause you to eat more than you normally would and if you eat one big meal at a go, there is every chance that you are taking in more calories than you should. Studies show that people who skip breakfast and eat fewer times during the day tend to be heavier than those people who eat a healthy breakfast and eat four or five times a day.
When it comes to foods that burn fat, there is a whole lot to look out fall, a lot of myths to avoid and plenty of things to learn. To lose weight healthily and one needs both to diet and also to exercise, the application of these two is what will give you optimum loss of weight. However, bear in mind that it does not end there, there are myths around the corners of all aspect of weight loss, they have been there for ages and they look so real that you will never suspect their true nature.